STAY SAFE, START LIVING
Top reasons to visit San Diego Mission Bay Resort
- We live the active beach & bay lifestyle on property, and our central location is a bridge to the town’s adventure, arts, and food culture.
- Chill in our poolside cabanas or get out on a SUP adventure. Enjoy rollerblading on the boardwalk or grab some bikes to explore the city!
- With multiple outdoor dining options on property, San Diego Mission Bay Resort meets all your foodie needs.
- What sounds better than 18 acres of resort grounds to explore? Just the fact that we are also adjacent to the beautiful Fiesta Island outdoor recreation area!
- The outdoor experiences are truly endless when you stay at San Diego Mission Bay Resort. You can read a book on your private patio, workout in the park, or even set up a waterfront picnic to end a fun-filled day of exploring.
- Meet our new brand! With over $30 million invested into a full transformation, our property now embodies the authentic San Diego barefoot beach lifestyle.
- Our gorgeous rooms all have their own private balcony and some even have their own fire pit.
- Are you ready to visit yet?! If not, how about another perk. Stay longer and save more – with our Stay and Play More package you get the chance to discover the sol and soul of San Diego Mission Bay Resort.
Your health is our utmost priority. The San Diego Mission Bay Resort team is committed to protecting the wellbeing of our guests and team members by providing a comfortable and safe environment. Our team has been fully trained on the importance of upholding the highest level of sanitation standards and we’re taking every precaution to protect our guests, community, and staff. We have made several adjustments to our hotel operations to ensure your safety.
Our team has diligently implemented all safety precautions recommended by the CDC and in accordance with state and county guidelines. Even so, it is impossible to eliminate all risks of exposure to infectious disease. If you have specific questions or concerns that are not addressed in the materials provided, please direct them to Douglas Rucker, Resort General Manager, at email@example.com or 619-275-7969.
Due to our heightened safety measures, some facilities or services may not be available, but we’re committed to making your stay as comfortable as possible with our award-winning service. These are our enhancements to our current cleanliness standards:
Guest Check-In: 4:00pm
Hot tub: Open
Mercado Retail shop: Open
Covewood Restaurant: Open
Plaza Del Sol Restaurant: Open
Mission Joe: Open
Pool Side Beverage: Available through Diego Delivers
Fitness center: Open
Spa: Open with advance reservations
Room Service: Available through Diego Delivers
San Diego Mission Bay Resort follows the CDC and OSHA guidelines for requiring masks. We recommend you wearing a mask if you feel more comfortable.
- Physical distancing is recommended while in line.
- Keycards are sanitized before each use.
Keeping Your Distance
- We recommend that all guests strive to maintain at least six feet between themselves and others.
- Social distancing is recommended by all associates on property.
- All property outlets will comply with, or exceed, local or state mandated occupancy limits.
- Stairwells and alternatives to elevators are clearly marked and open for guest use.
PPE & Hand Sanitizer
- Individual Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) kits containing disposable sanitizing wipes, gloves, disposable masks, and personal hand sanitizer will be available upon request.
- Appropriate PPE is worn by all associates based on their role and responsibilities and in adherence to state or local regulations and guidance.
- Gloves are worn by housekeeping and all other team members in direct contact with guests.
- Hand sanitizer dispensers, touchless whenever possible, are placed at all guest and associate entrances and contact areas such as driveways, reception areas, hotel lobby, restaurant, meeting and convention spaces, elevator landings, pools, spa, and exercise areas.
- Hand sanitizer supply levels are checked by staff on a routine basis.
Lobby & Public Areas
- High touch areas, including but not limited to doors, door handles, elevator buttons, handrails, public phones, public furniture, remote controls, signature pads, credit card readers, and drinking stations are cleaned and sanitized on a frequent and routine basis.
- High traffic areas including but not limited to entryways, hallways, and elevators are cleaned and sanitized routinely.
- Our team upholds a strict schedule of routine hand sanitation throughout their time on property.
- Public restrooms are cleaned with increased frequency. Flushers, locks, walls, toilet seats, dispensing stations, sinks, faucets, and doors are disinfected during each service.
- All reception areas (front desk, host stand, spa desk, etc.) are wiped down between every guest interaction.
- A variety of touchpoints in our public spaces have been removed. For those that remain, enhanced sanitation routines are in place.
BEFORE YOUR STAY
- Rooms are thoroughly cleaned and disinfected upon departure.
- Used linen is folded and bagged in each guest room (staff never shakes towels or sheets in the room to avoid releasing any particles into the air).
- Housekeeping leverages partnerships with national vendors on best cleaning practices, tools, and supplies. Ecolab Peroxide Multi-Surface Cleaner Chemical is utilized for sanitation on all hard and non-porous surfaces.
- Increased attention to thorough vacuuming of rugs and sanitation of floors, including low-traffic and hard-to-reach surfaces.
DURING YOUR STAY
- We have eliminated nightly housekeeping services. However, you can request housekeeping service 24 hours in advance by contacting the Front Desk.
- Special requests for additional toiletries are available via a no-touch basket delivery service.
Plaza Del Sol: Open
- Tables are at a maximum of 6 guests, large parties seated at separate tables
- Water service is now individual bottles kept at tables to eliminate cross contamination between tables
- Waiting area is spread out over two patios to ensure proper social distancing
- Diego Delivers is available for delivery to your room, or for pick-up at the side window at Covewood bar
Pools & Hot Tubs
The hotel’s waterfront outdoor pool and hot tub is open with limited access adhering to the county’s social distancing guidelines.
We offer self-parking for $42 per vehicle.
We understand that you want to experience more than the resort when you travel. We also know that venturing out looks a little different than it used to. These are our tips for making the most of San Diego while also caring for your personal health and safety.
Things to do here? Yeah, it’s pretty much endless. Chill in our poolside cabanas or make a racquet on one of our tennis courts. Play a little family bocce ball or grab some bikes to explore the city. Alone or with the whole crew our world is your oyster.
Action Sport Rentals
Jet skis to stand up paddle boards, waterskiing to sailing, aqua cycles to pontoons, ocean adventure is waiting for you. If you’d rather stay dry, The Sandbox rents bikes, surreys, beach cruisers, kid’s bikes and trailers for city exploring. Call 619-275-8945 for more info.
ENHANCED CLEANLINESS STANDARDS
Our hotels use cleaning products and protocols which meet EPA guidelines and are approved for use and effective against viruses, bacteria, and other airborne pathogens. We are working with our vendors, distribution partners, and suppliers to ensure an uninterrupted supply of cleaning supplies and necessary PPE.
Your peace of mind is important to us – if you have additional questions or concerns please reach out to Douglas Rucker, Resort General Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or 619-275-7969.
For more information on COVID-19 and the latest national guidelines, please refer to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the U.S. State Department’s page regarding COVID-19, or your local health authority.
ASSOCIATE & GUEST HEALTH CONCERNS
- Our associates have clear instructions on how to respond swiftly and report all presumed cases of COVID-19 on property to local health officials.
- Associates are instructed to stay home if they do not feel well and are trained on how to handle encountering guests or associates exhibiting any symptoms of COVID-19.
- If we are alerted to a presumptive case of COVID-19 at the property, we will work with public health officials and follow their recommended actions.